Epiphyllum Convention ( Epi Con XVI )
May 26 2018 at 8:45am - cost of Epi Con is $60.00 if purchased prior to April 1, 2018 after that the total cost will be $65.00.
Epi Con Starts in:
Epi Con is held every two years and is hosted on a rotational basis by one of the California epiphyllum societies; it is a conference where we meet, greet, learn and enjoy other epi enthusiasts.
Epi Con starts off with a Continental Breakfast and concludes with the Safari Park Tram Ride. In between those times; Jerry Moreau will lead a walk to view our New Epi Display area at the Park, there will be presentations by leading experts, reports from California epiphyllum societies, a silent auction and much more. Lunch will be served around noon.
Included with your EpiCon is admission ticket; parking, continental breakfast and lunch at the Mombassa Pavilion at the Safari Park and the Tram Ride around the Park.
Register on our secure website or send a completed Epi Con ticket application with your check.
- Rudolf Heßing-Herick of Germany, a world renowned epiphyllum hybridizer.
- Dr. Rudi Dorsch of Colorado is an epiphytic cacti species and schlumbergera expert, as well as the liaison between German and American Epiphyllum Societies.
- Ron Crain of Chula Vista is a horticulturist, assistant curator of the Safari Park Epiphyllum exhibit and primary presenter of our workshops prior to SDES meetings.
- Derek Obayashi from Chicago world renowned epiphyllum hybridizer.
- Ulrich Haage owner of the oldest cactus nursery in Germany.
- Jerry Moreau a horticulturist, curator of the Safari Park Epiphyllum exhibit.